Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Least Romantic Exit of All Time

It's true. The Knitting's departure from our wedding could not in any terms be called romantic or picture worthy. However, before I describe that, there's a few more things that happened before the end of the night.

First, I threw my bouquet from the balcony:



Then Mr. Knitting threw a garter:



As you can see we were very interested in an equal opportunity bouquet and garter toss and we encouraged people of both sexes and all ages to participate. We made the deal a bit sweeter by attaching Tim Hortons giftcards (because we're Canadian!) to the items.

While dancing definitely continued for a while after, I was starting to get tired. Luckily, because we had the entire club all evening I was able to go spend time with my friends in a more comfortable setting.


Guest Photo

I loved that we had this extra space because it meant a lot of guests who probably would have left once they were tired of dancing and loud music stayed and seemed to be having a great time having a more low key experience. I really loved that.

Eventually, the night came to an end and it was time to go. In contrast to the many adorable exits that many other Bees have had, ours was not the slightest bit romantic. Mr. Knitting and I helped round up all our items from the club and then, due to a number of weird logistical reasons, Mr. Knitting drove back to our apartment with this parents and cousin while I got a ride with my dad and a ton of wedding paraphernalia.

I know this sounds really awful to a lot of you, but while I could recognize that this was not a romantic exit and that the symbolism of it was pretty bad, I didn't actually mind all that much. I thought it was more funny than anything else. I knew I was going to see him again in 10 minutes, so it definitely wasn't something to stress over.

Did anyone else have a less than romantic exit from your wedding? I'd love to hear some stories.

Unless otherwise noted, all photos by the wonderful Josh Levinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment