Sunday, July 11, 2010

Dressing My Lovely Ladies

My plan for dressing my bridesmaids is pretty relaxed. I saw this picture shortly before we got engaged and I knew I wanted something just like it.


Source

I LOVE this look. Not those specific colours (although they are lovely), but the idea of having different dresses in similar(ish) shades. Like many of you I feel it's important for my maids (I suspect I should be using a less servile term than maids, but I love it so I'm sticking with it!) to look and feel their best in dresses they love and at prices they're each comfortable with. Basically my guideslines are that I'd like the colour of the dress to be either pale pale pink, burgundy, or light gray. As for what the dresses look like I'm pretty open to what we find.

My plan is to go shopping with all my maids and our groomswoman to find them lovely dresses at vintage or locally owned stores like Girl Friday in Toronto. I bought my grad dress at Girl Friday and it's been my favourite dress store ever since.

However, thus far my plans have been foiled! Here's how shopping with my MOH/sister went when I visited her in Vancouver.

Here we are all excited for our adventure. Locally owned small dress shops here we come!



Oops, no, all the stores don't open for another hour. Coffee time!




Next we traipsed around to basically every independently owned store in Vancouver and found NOTHING. Not even a possibility for her to try on. Here's how we felt about that.





Now we're planning to go shopping again in September when we're both in Edmonton for our cousin's wedding. Here's hoping my other dress shopping experiences are more successful!

Where did you find your bridesmaid dresses?

No comments:

Post a Comment