Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Night to Remember

Back in early December, my bridal party, led by my MOH, threw me a wonderful bachelorette party.

We started the night at BM rachel's apartment with um, some booze:



My maids and I:



The Flower Girls/slaves were hard at work in the kitchen preparing yummy munchies:



The food at my bachelorette was amazing. They thoughtfully made it all vegan (although my little sis/head chef is vegan herself, so I don't think this was a huge hardship for her!). Some of the yummys we had included bean cakes with salsa, amazing burritos, and 2 types of hummus including my all time favourite Two Bean Lime Chipotle Hummus (seriously, you need to try this).

It was then time for the drink making contest. This was a really fun activity and I highly recommend it for any bachelorette you might be planning in the future. My MOH had bought all kinds of fun booze and mixers and we got into teams of 2 or 3 to come up with the best tasting drink. I instantly got hyper competitive and claimed one of my more gastronomically talented friends, Emily, as my partner. I then proceeded to make her do all the drink making for our team, while I danced. Seriously.

Dancing in action:



We then all had to try each other's drinks in our super cute mini plastic wine glasses and rank them.



Despite the fact that I managed to bully (What? I said I was competitive!) half the party into voting for our (admittedly) not so tasty drink, Emily and I did not win.

I was a good sport about it:



Luckily to make up for my lack of winning a prize it was time to give me my gag gifts which were hilarious enough to make me forget about my defeat. I won't go into all of them, but here's my favourite. My MOH and I had been joking for weeks beforehand about some advice she had found on the internet of things to do at a bachelorette. One of then included giving the bride a shirt saying "Bride With No Pride" and a mini skirt to unleash the bride's wild side, or something like that. Being sort of reserved and conservative, I thought that was the funniest thing ever and was thrilled when I pulled this out of the bag:



Don't worry, even though it's now my most favourite shirt, I didn't actually wear it in public. I did prance around the apartment with it for a while though!

Then it was time for my cake, which I think is one of the most thoughtful things anyone did for me for the wedding.



It's a charm bracelet cake and each little "charm" has a symbol on it representing each of the guests at my bachelorette. If you've read this post, then you know why it meant so much to me.

Me and the cake:



And with that it was time to leave and go salsa dancing:







All in all, it was a really fun night and I'm so glad I have such wonderful people in my life to plan me such a wonderful event.

How did your bachelorette go?

No comments:

Post a Comment