Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Cozy Christmas Wedding: Dinner Time!

After the cocktail hour ended our guests made their way into the dining room and found their tables. After a brief introduction by my little sis, Mr. Knitting and I joined everyone and it was time to eat!

Our MC:



Our grand entrance:



We chose to walk in by ourselves without our parents or wedding party because that felt a bit too formal to us. We almost chose to skip any kind of grand entrance ourselves, but then decided that was going to far in the other direction!

I was really happy with the way we seated everyone. Most people were sitting at tables of six, which made having conversations a lot easier. I really liked how this added to the intimate feeling of our wedding.

My gorgeous dance friends:



In contrast, Mr. Knitting, myself, our wedding party and their partners sat at a King's Table. For a review of what this is have a look at this post.

Here's a look of it in action:



I absolutely loved the King's Table. We sat at the end and then everyone else sat on each side of the table. This was a great option for us because it solved my problem of not wanting to split up our wedding party from their partners, but also not really wanting to sit at a sweetheart table or with our families. It also felt really fun and festive and enabled me to have lots of hilarious conversations with my older sis. I highly recommend this option!

As we waited for our yummy food to be served our guests could enjoy some of the details on their tables.

There was the jam my dad made:





Our centrepieces:





Our very Christmas-y menus:



Our equally Christmas-y table numbers:






Personal Photo


Personal Photo


Personal Photo

Each table number featured a different vintage Santa image that I found. It was occasionally really funny looking for these because while most of the images were awesome, some of them were really creepy.

For example:



Needless to say, none of those ones made it into our table numbers!

However, details could only occupy our guests for so long (30 seconds?) and soon it was time to eat!

Unless otherwise noted, all photos by the amazing Josh Levinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment