Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Cozy Christmas Wedding: Cocktails

After Mr. Knitting and I were down eating some appetizers we headed downstairs to be with our guests and to have some drinks (amaretto sour for me!).

Mr. K spent some time with his high school friends:



Our guests enjoyed cocktails and appetizers:







My little sis and godmother enjoyed some sweet potato fries in adorable containers:







At one point during the hour we took some time out to take the picture below. This picture is of all the grandchildren on my father's side and our partners (except for Josh our photographer) with our grandmother.



Aside from having cocktails and appetizers, guests could also spend some of the cocktail hour looking at our family wedding photos. I decided I wanted to display as many family wedding photos as possible and in the end we displayed photos ranging from 1910 (my great-grandparents) to 2010 (my cousins).



I got my lovely friend Emily to help me with this project, because I'm better at thinking things up than at things like gluing and cutting in straight lines!



The photos were arranged by generations. The first was grandparents and beyond:



Then we had parents and aunts and uncles:



Finally, we had siblings and cousins:



With that, it was time for dinner!

All photos by the amazing Josh Levinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment