Monday, July 18, 2011

A Cozy Christmas Wedding: After Dinner Fun

After dinner was finished we all moved into the Main Lounge to cut the cake while the staff set up the dining room for dancing. However, before we got to the cake, Mr. Knitting's parents and their friends took this opportunity to sing us Sto Lat. The title means 100 years and I like to refer to it as the Polish all purpose congratulations song.

Here we are being sung to:



When they finished the song, Mr. Knitting used that opportunity to give me a very big Hollywood style kiss, which is definitely really out of character for both of us!


Guest Photo

Then it was time to cut the cake. As you may or may not recall, instead of having a wedding cake, we had a dessert table with desserts made by a number of different family and friends. However, we still wanted something pretty to cut so we bought a Red Velvet cake from Bake Desserts in Toronto for that purpose. This is pretty much the best cake ever and if you live in or near Toronto you must give it a try!



We fancied up the cake with the vintage cake topper given to us by Wedding Bee Hostess Extraordinaire, Bakerella, some pearls I found at the St. Lawrence Market Antique Market, a Christmas ornament, and a gorgeous platter that's been in my family for years.

Here's a closer look at the topper:



Side View!



I actually really loved the set up the Faculty Club had arranged for our cake cutting. My favourite part was the huge Group of Seven painting (I think it was a MacDonald) that was behind us. What a great backdrop:



We then fed each other cake. We're definitely not the cake smashing type of people!





Sadly, that was pretty much my only taste of that cake that night. Eating more just didn't appeal to me right then, which made me sad the next day. However, I've consoled myself with the fact that now I have the excuse to buy us that cake at least once a year!

Did you manage to eat a lot of cake at your wedding?

All photos by the wonderful Josh Levinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment