Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Cozy Christmas Wedding: Down the Aisle

Finally it was time to walk down the aisle. Mr. Knitting and his groomspeople waited for us at the front. I know a lot of people choose to have the groomsmen walk down the aisle with the bridesmaids, but that didn't really make sense to me. I preferred the symbolism of him waiting supported by his people, as opposed to standing on his own at the front.



BM Mel went first:



Followed by BM Rach:



My MOH went next:



Then it was time for the Flower Girls:



They lived up to their zany personalities and did a slightly (okay very) campy walk down the aisle involving stepping together, pausing, and then dramatically fluttering rose petals. They also provided one of the most amusing moments in the wedding. My sister had hidden her reading in the flower girl cone and the other FG did not know this. Right as they got near the front of the room, the other FG accidentally flung the reading across the room. She then had to crawl under chairs to pick it up! Knowing her it was probably done in a highly entertaining manner! I'm really sad I missed this moment and am super sad no one thought to take of picture of this moment.



Then it was my turn:



I really loved walking down the aisle. It was a lot of fun and I loved seeing all our guests for the first time. The fact that Mr. Knitting was waiting for me at the end was pretty awesome too! This was definitely one of my favourite experiences of the night.







Now it was time to get married!





All photos by the amazing Josh Levinson

Missed a Knitting Recap?:
First we yoga-ed
I spent the morning being anti-social
Mama Knitting figured out how to dress herself and I turned into a bride
We had our first look and snuggled in the snow
We played in the snow with our friends and then spent an hour doing some unexpected set up
Our guests arrived and we looked at some ceremony details

No comments:

Post a Comment