Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Cozy Christmas Wedding: The Guests Arrive

As we put the finishing touches on all of the wedding details, the guests began to arrive.

My Flower Girls added some last minute desserts to our beautiful table:



My beautiful grandmother hung out with my dad:



The guests began to sign our guest poster:







Then they mingled and enjoyed some apple cider:









A few guests were not familiar with the idea of displaying a dessert table as one would a wedding cake (What do you mean everyone doesn't obsessively read wedding blogs?) and began eating from our dessert table. This resulted in the staff covering most of the table in foil. This makes the wedding blogger in me cringe, but I guess it's better than all the dessert being gone before the ceremony! If you're displaying a dessert table make sure either your guests know not to eat from it beforehand, or have someone (subtly!) guard the table to avoid this problem.

Eventually, it was time for the guests to move upstairs for the ceremony.





Mr. Knitting, his groomspeople, and my aunt (our pianist) got into position:



Oh, and this would be my parents who apparently didn't connect the fact that if they're about to walk me down the aisle, they probably shouldn't be in their seats!



Haha oops! I sent my MOH to go get them and they scampered backstage to wait with us. Now we were ready to walk down the aisle.

All photos by the amazing Josh Levinson

Missed a Knitting Recap?:
First we yoga-ed
I spent the morning being anti-social
Mama Knitting figured out how to dress herself and I turned into a bride
We had our first look and snuggled in the snow
We played in the snow with our friends and then spent an hour doing some unexpected set up

No comments:

Post a Comment