Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What to Read?

I've been so focused on our wedding that I kind of forgot about our honeymoon. Okay, I didn't actually forget, I just didn't really think about the fact that soon the wedding will be over and I will get to be on my honeymoon with my new husband.

As you might recall from this post we're having a pretty relaxed cozy Christmasy honeymoon. I don't really need to do much of anything to prepare for it, but one thing I did want to do is put together a reading list. While we plan on doing lots of active things like snowshoeing and skating, I suspect we'll also have lots of cozy reading by the fire moments and I'd like to make sure I have lots of good things to read.

Here's a few books I'm considering at the moment:

Cleopatra, a Life by Stacey Schiff


Source

This book seems to be everywhere right now and I'm taking that as a good sign. Even Martha is recommending it!

Queen Elizabeth: the Queen Mother by William Shawcross


Source

Since the William and Kate engagement announcement, but I've reading a lot of British royal family biographies. I also just got it out of the library and it turns out it's the biggest book ever. I'm not kidding. It's hilariously huge.

The Postmistress by Sarah Blake


Source

I'm always on the lookout for amazing fiction and I've heard good things (that's code for it had was displayed prominently at Chapters and I'm easily influenced).

In an ideal world I would have never read any of the Harry Potter books before so I could read them all on our honeymoon. It seems like heaven to read them snuggled in some gorgeous cozy library with a fire going after a day of snowshoeing and skating. Although, if that was the case then there's probably a good chance that I would spend all of my honeymoon reading and completely ignoring my husband.

Do you have a really good fiction recommendation for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment