Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Yes, Raffi is Making an Appearance

Growing up, the month the December was spent sitting in our living room eating clementines, watching our Christmas tree lights flicker, while listening to Raffi's Christmas Album.


Source

I'm not sure how old I was when my parents bought this record (that's right, this was pre-cds) but it may have been around the time I was born. My sisters and I loved this album and used to dance around the living room to it when we were toddlers. As we got got older, the dancing lessened (a bit!), the record became a cd version, but we still loved this cd. This album really is Christmas for me.

Obviously, we needed to find some way to include it into our wedding. I didn't want to use all of it, because it is a kid's album (and it's shockingly not Mr. Knitting's favourite), but I definitely needed to include part of it. We decided to go with one of my favourite songs that has definitely featured heavily in dancing around the living room sessions:



There are more beautiful Christmas carols out there, but you can bet my sisters and I will be belting this out when it comes on. We know every word.

What songs really exemplify Christmas or your favourite winter holiday for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment