Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Cozy Christmas Wedding: Our First Look

After I became suitably bridal looking, I was transported ever so glamourously to Spadina Museum for our first look. And by glamourously, I mean that I sat squished up in the very front of my dad's car so that there was enough room for our photographer's equipment in the back seat!

I know you've all heard this a million times before, but I'm so glad we did a first look. I actually can't believe that I ever even questioned this. I'm really happy with how the photos turned out which I think is great since neither us (obviously!) nor our photographer had done a first look before.

Mr. Knitting and his groomspeople made sure to get to Spadina Museum first and by the time we arrived he was set in position:



I slowly began to approach from behind:



This part was a bit awkward for me because while all of my people had thought to stay out of sight for this, Mr. Knitting's groomspeople, parents, and cousin were all standing about 50 ft from me. This might have been fine except this is the first time they had seen me all dressed up and this resulted in them yelling lots of things at me (mostly compliments, but the was definitely one "You're going to freeze."). I tried to awkwardly acknowledge them, and it definitely wasn't a huge problem, but it would have been a bit easier if we had just been alone for our first look.

Anyway, I kept on approaching while trying to keep my dress from getting too wet:















We eyed each other as Mr. Knitting finally got to turn around:



"Yay! We're in fancy clothes!":



Practicing smooches for later:





I then twirled so he could get the full effect:



Then we did some snuggling (mostly because I needed some of his body heat at this point):





So that's our first look. As I mentioned before, it worked really well for us and I highly recommend it. For me, I didn't feel like I lost anything by seeing him before the ceremony and it was actually much better for us to see each other in (relative) privacy before the wedding. If he saw me for the first time at our ceremony I probably would have done something weird like gotten to the front and then spun around to force him to look at the back of my dress, because it's pretty much my favourite part. Wait, that probably would have been really entertaining for our guests...

Oops, potential hilarious wedding moment missed!

Missed a Knitting Recap?:
First we yoga-ed
I spent the morning being anti-social
Mama Knitting figured out how to dress herself
I turn into a bride

No comments:

Post a Comment