Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Cozy Christmas Wedding: Then We Frolicked and Froze

Despite all my brainstorming of ways to keep warm during our outdoor shoot, ultimately I just told people to dress as warmly as they could and left it at that. Not going to lie, it was cold and painful, BUT it was also so much fun and I absolutely love the photos we have from it.

With a backless dress with cap sleeves, there wasn't much chance of me being able to keep warm, but I made an effort by wearing my trusty Lululemon Groove Pants under my dress. I also kept my feet dry and warm-ish by wearing my wellies.

Glamour shot of the wellies:



After our first look we started by taking some more pictures of Mr. Knitting and I around the gardens.

I love how you would never know we're in the middle of downtown Toronto in these photos:





The property has a few huge pine trees that we decided to take advantage of. Here we are peeking out:





We of course had to work the fact that we are patriotic Canadians into our photos:



My hand is on the left and Mr. Knitting's hand is on the right. I'm sure no explanation is needed for any Canadian readers, but for everyone else these are really popular mittens that are sold by the Hudson's Bay Company in support of Canadian Olympic athletes. Our original plan was to buy these for our whole wedding party for the photos, but we ended up scaling back to just include the two of us. I love how they look in our photos and we've had the bonus of wearing them for the rest of the winter! Yes, we're now one of those hilarious couples that have a matching clothing item. Maybe we should get matching yoga clothes next...

I found these blocks at Winners a few weeks before our wedding thought they would work well since they pretty accurately described what we were feeling and because I think red looks amazing in the snow:



You'll see that by this point functioning with out a coat was not an option. It was actually really hard to put on this coat because it has quite a few buttons and I'd lost pretty much all manual dexterity by this point!

We then headed over to the gorgeous house to use it as a back drop. We started off with some snuggles:





and then moved on to a back bend:



Finally, we went on a fake walk in the orchard:



and headed off to be married:



Just kidding. We then stuck around for another half hour to take more freezing outdoor photos!

All photos by the amazing Josh Levinson

Missed a Knitting Recap?:
First we yoga-ed
I spent the morning being anti-social
Mama Knitting figured out how to dress herself
I turned into a bride
We had our first look

No comments:

Post a Comment