Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Cozy Christmas Wedding: I Turn Into a Bride

Now that all my people had arrived at my apartment (and my mom's dress wasn't about to fall off!), it was time to turn into a bride.

Mama Knitting fake zipped me into my dress:



That's right, fake zipped. She thought actually having to zip me into my dress seemed a bit difficult (my mom is a bit of a character in case you are wondering!). I found this hilarious because it's not the first time a Knitting woman has been intimidated by a wedding dress. My sister occasionally makes fun of me for being outsmarted by the corset lacing on her wedding dress and for the fact that we have a picture of me fake lacing her up.

Me being very confused by all the ribbon on my sister's wedding dress:


Source

At least corset lacing is a bit more complicated than a zipper! Apparently, Knitting women just aren't so talented with wedding dresses.

Anyway, after I was actually zipped into my dress I then got decked out in some gorgeous jewellery, including my wedding charm bracelet:









Since everyone in my family is notorious for being untalented with anything to do with hair, I asked my BMs to help pin on my head piece (and yes, that is a matryoshka Christmas tree topper in the background!):





They did a pretty great job, and despite the whole thing being made of wire, it was impossible to see a single pin!



I got some smooches from my sisters:



And with that, I was a bride:



Or more specifically, a Christmas bride:



All photos, unless otherwise stated are by the wonderful Josh Levinson.

Missed a Knitting Recap?
First we yoga-ed
I spent the morning being anti-social
Mama Knitting figured out how to dress herself

No comments:

Post a Comment