Friday, March 26, 2010

TV Land Inspiration

Shortly after telling my parents that Mr. Knitting and I were engaged, my father (one of my very best wedding co-conspirators) and I celebrated by watching the episode of Friends that featured Phoebe's wedding. While I will probably concede that Pam and Jim's wedding is the ultimate tv wedding (for now anyway!), I love Phoebe's wedding because it has so many elements about it that I love.



Firstly, it's a winter wedding. Yay! I didn't really realize that winter weddings were uncommon until I started planning my own. To me, it seems like such a great time of year, so it didn't occur to me that not everyone agrees. Anyway, it was nice to see some winter wedding inspiration.

Secondly, I love that it's so low key. Her wedding truly is a community event, and that fact is underscored by the fact that Joey married them. I'd love to have a friend marry us.

Finally, I love that she walked down the aisle to the Beatles song Here, There, and Everywhere, which I believe was played on steel drums. I have loved that song forever, and after seeing that I decided to use the same song for my processional. The fact that I was inspired by (read - am flat out copying) something from a tv show is my dirty wedding planning secret. I generally try to be a bit more original. I think it's the fact that I have loved this song since I was ten made the copying okay for me. Plus, it's not like I'm also using steel drums. Although that would be awesome...

Anyone else have a dirty wedding planning secret?

No comments:

Post a Comment