Sunday, May 2, 2010

Favourite Things: Jewelry from the Met

I (like many other people) love the Met. I think it's such an incredible museum and if I lived in New York, I'd be there at least once a month, although I'm pretty sure you could go once a day for a year and still find something new every day.

Me being my usual sophisticated and grown up self at the Met:


Anyway, this post isn't actually about the Met's collection, but instead their gift shop, or more specifically their jewelry. I love their jewelry. I love the fact that it's all related to art or history in some way and the fact that most of their stuff is quite affordable (for good quality) is a great bonus!

Here's a few of their pieces I think I should own:
All images from the Met website

Spanish Openwork Necklace:


Source

Spanish Openwork Bracelet:


Source

Russian Imperial Anemone Twist Bracelet:


Source

Snake Bracelet:


Source

London Observatory Watch:


Source

Lady's Locket Pendant Watch:


Source

Glistening Snowflake Pendant:


Source

Art Deco Pearl Bracelet:


Source

Spider in a Web Pin:


Source

Ice Crystal Snowflake Watch

Source

I don't actually own any of these pieces at the moment and I probably won't for a while. They are pretty affordable, but when most of my jewelry comes from the St. Lawrence Antique Market and costs under $10, I can't really afford to splurge on any of these yet. Oh well, something to look forward to...

What are some of the places you like to look for new jewelry?

No comments:

Post a Comment