Friday, May 14, 2010

Romantic and Lovely, or Just Plain Hot?

An excessive use of candlelight (is there really such a thing?) will be another way I plan to convey a cozy vintage Christmas feel to our wedding. I absolutely love candlelight. I love how it instantly conveys a really cozy and warm atomosphere. While it's lovely any time of year, for me it's especially wonderful during the winter when it gets dark around 5:30pm here in Toronto.

Here's a bit of candle inspiration for you:


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source

I haven't had a good list in a while (oh lists!), so here's a list of how I'm planning to use candlelight in our wedding.

1) Tea lights and votives placed all around the room where we will be having the ceremony
2) We'll be getting married in front of a lit fireplace
3) My bridesmaids will be carrying lanterns instead of bouquets
4) We'll have another lit fireplace in the room where we'll be hosting the cocktail hour
5) I'm planning to design a centerpiece for each table that incorporates votives and tea lights in mason jars

However, I do have a few concerns about using so much candlelight. I'm a bit worried about how it will translate in terms of photography. While I love candlelight, I also definitely want to have pictures that aren't completely fuzzy or dark. My second concern is that I'll have too much candlelight and people will be way too hot. I guess I could always warn them ahead of time...

How are you incorporating candlelight into your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment