Monday, May 10, 2010

Winter...in May?

I realize it's summer and that perhaps we do not want to be thinking about winter all that much. However, I am having a winter wedding so I wanted to discuss some of the ways I plan to incorporate the season into my wedding.

Today I'm starting with explaining my overall style and feeling. When I'm trying to briefly describe the style of my wedding I usually go with cozy Christmas vintage. Here's what I have in my mind when I say that:


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source

To me images like these scream cozy and family centered and that's exactly the feeling I want our wedding to have. I haven't really worked out yet how exactly I will achieve this, but those are pretty good examples of what I have in mind when I use phrases like "cozy Christmas vintage."

I have to say though that I've found it pretty difficult to find a lot of winter wedding images that demonstrate this type of cozy winter feeling. Many of the winter wedding images I've found are much more modern and stark. That's pretty much the opposite of what I want so those aren't too helpful for me. I've had more luck looking at websites about holiday entertaining like Hostess With the Mostess and Martha Stewart Holidays. I'd love to hear some of your favourites.

Do you have an overall feeling in mind for your wedding? What kinds of images say winter to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment