Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Soup and Cocoa and Gingerbread...oh my!

Food is definitely one of the main ways that I'll be conveying a wintry feeling. I think food is such an integral part of any holiday. To me all these images convey a sense of comfort and warmth.

Soup

I think serving soup is a great way to convey a warm welcoming wintry feel to our guests. Originally we'd planned to serve soup as the first course of our meal, but now I'm toying with the idea of soup shots during the cocktail hour. I love the idea of soup shots and I think our guests would really enjoy them, but I haven't made any decisions yet.

Bowls of Soup as a First Course:


Source


Source


Source


Source

Soup Served in Shot Glasses:


Source


Source


Source


Source

Cocoa

Mmm cocoa, or even better, cocoa with marshmallows. Drinking cocoa always reminds me of the hours I used to spend outdoor playing in the snow. I'm a big fan of this whole designer marshmallow trend and would be happy to see it make an appearance at our wedding.


Source

As a proud Canadian I am quite a donut fiend and I'd love to serve something like donuts and cocoa as a late night snack.


Source

Gingerbread

I think Gingerbread is one of the ultimate wintry foods. I absolutely love gingerbread loaf, but I refuse to make any time other than the month of December. That's makes it all the more fun when December rolls around.


Source


Source


Source

I also can't forget the classic gingerbread house! I don't think this will make an appearance at our wedding, but you never know. Decorate your own gingerbread house anyone...?


Source

So these are a couple ideas I've been toying with in terms of how to incorporate the season into our wedding food. We haven't figured out anything definite and are certainly open to suggestions!

What foods do you associate with the winter holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment