Friday, June 11, 2010

Being Emotionally Detached...

...from the weather. As much as I love Toronto I have to admit we don't always have the best weather. I have no idea how a Toronto summer bride could stand the stress of having an outdoor wedding here as we have gotten so much rain the past two summers.

However, as a winter bride in Canada you'd think I'd be all set to have a gorgeous super snowy wedding.

For example:


Source


Source

Unfortunately, that's not something I can count on. Last winter we had something like two snow falls and I'm pretty sure each had completely melted by the next day. It's much more likely I will have zero snow and lots of rain. It doesn't usually rain too much in the winter, but since I scheduled my wedding then I'm sure it will be nonstop rain all of December.

However, instead of spending any time worrying about what the weather will be like I've decided to be emotionally detached from the weather. I'm preparing myself by assuming and planning for the worst. This includes grey skies, rain, and cold, but not cold enough to snow. I already know that lovely outdoor photos of us frolicking in snow aren't going to happen, and not just because Mr. Knitting isn't much of a frolicker!

To be honest, this is complete neccesity for me because I'm a major worrier. I would probably spend the two weeks leading up to my wedding glued to the weather forecast and probably in tears every time it took a turn for the worse. Not worth it. I'm just going to plan for the worst and I'm quite excited to take lots of pictures involving my beloved (that's right, beloved) Wellies and umbrellas.


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source

How has weather affected your wedding plans?

1 comment:

  1. My coziest days were both when it was snowing, sleeting, and raining in Toronto and I'd go through the nasty weather to get back to Annesley where the heat was up and the Christmas tree was out (even in March!) Your event will be so warm and cozy, that even if it's gray and rainy it will make the perfect contrast to your wedding. I'd love to take some outdoor pics (since there's not the greatest indoor spaces at our venue) so I'm hoping the weather holds up, but am also grateful that our whole wedding is indoors and therefore not contingent on a sunny day. If I was really keen on that I would have had my wedding in LA!

    ReplyDelete