Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hello From Miss Knitting

Hello hive! I almost can't believe I'm writing my very first official Weddingbee post! I actually found out I was going to be a bee while I was in Amsterdam and since no one (except Mr. Knitting) knew I'd even applied to be a bee I think my family and friends were a bit confused by the (excessively exclamation point laden) email they got from me that didn't refer at all to the incredible trip I was on, but instead was all about how I was going to be a bee and that it was the coolest thing ever. Let's just say the whole being in Amsterdam thing receded from my mind for a few minutes! Anyway, I'm now back from an incredible Europe trip with a girlfriend (and bridesmaid!) and am so excited to get back into wedding planning mode. As for being able to share all the details with all of you? I couldn't be more thrilled and excited!


Mr. Knitting and myself at my graduation dinner last year.

Mr. Knitting (who prefers to refer to himself as a Wedding Bro) and I are planning our cozy vintage Christmas wedding for December as it's my favourite time of year. Basically as soon as December rolls around (who am I kidding, it's more like mid November) I am always hit with this wonderful cozy feeling that just makes me want to light a billion candles, blanket my apartment in Christmas related paraphernalia, and then spend all my time in the kitchen making food for my favourite people.


Baking with my baby sister. You can see the slightly (okay, very) crazy look I have. Yay Christmas!

The plan for the wedding is to basically take all the things we love about the winter holidays (family, food, decor...etc) and somehow make them all fit in our wedding. Family, friends, and a sense of community are also really important for us so we're actively making an effort to involve as many people as possible in as many ways as possible.

Why Miss Knitting? I'm not much of a knitter, although my mom has recently taken it up again. She used to knit a lot while I was growing up and yes, I did used to own a sweater featuring a panda in the early 90s! Now that she's taken it up again I'm excited to have lots of lovely (and hopefully, panda free) knitted sweaters in my future. To me knitting also conjures up images of cozy winter nights by the fire snuggled under a big knitted throw so I thought Miss Knitting nicely conveys the cozy and wintry theme of our wedding.

Anyway, once again I am so so thrilled to be a bee and very excited to all of of my wedding planning adventures with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment