Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mr. Knitting's Ring

I have a little problem. While I love rings and am so excited to wear my beautiful engagement/wedding ring for the rest of my life, Mr. Knitting has huge knuckles and is convinced he can’t wear a ring. At first I was a bit sad at the idea of him not wearing a wedding ring because I thought others might think that he's not committed to our marriage. However, I got over my tiny bit of sadness when I remembered my father doesn’t wear a wedding ring and he and my mother have an incredibly happy marriage. I realized not wearing a wedding ring doesn’t signal any less of a commitment to me, and what do I care about what others think about my marriage?

However, I would like him to have something he could wear in place of wedding ring. I’m currently considering a wedding watch as a good option. I thought about wedding cuff links or a wedding tie clip, as I like the idea of jewelry, but I’m thinking he would prefer something that can be worn on a day to day basis. Also, in the 6 years that I’ve known Mr. Knitting he has never once worn cuff links or a tie clip so I’m guessing those aren’t items he’ll be wearing too often in the future.

A watch seems like a pretty good idea to me. He hasn’t owned a watch in a few years and would definitely love a new fancypants watch. It’s also something I could have engraved, which appeals to sentimental little me!

Hilariously, when I asked him to have a look at watches he likes, it turns out he's a bit of a princess. Here's what he came up with:

Source

It's a $7000 watch. Hahaha I don't think so. I guess we don't need to feed anyone at the wedding...(After he read this Mr. Knitting insisted I let all of you know that he didn't really want a $7000 watch [with more diamonds than my ring], he just thought it was nice).

What do you think? Any other good suggestions? Have any of you considered an alternative to a wedding ring? Is there such thing as a nice adjustable wedding ring? I’d love to hear your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment