Friday, June 18, 2010

Keeping It In Perspective

I have decided that I actively need to calm down about wedding planning and learn to laugh. I care a lot about this wedding and as a result I think I'm in danger of taking everything too seriously. I really really want to be able to laugh at all the ridiculous things that are likely to happen. Seriously, Mrs. Perfume's ugly cake that tasted bad is one of the funniest things I've ever read, and clearly her wedding was still incredibly gorgeous and memorable even if she didn't like the cake.

The problem is that because I don't have a "go with the flow" type of personality, being able to take a step back from something I really care about is really hard for me. I also tend to take things pretty personally, which really doesn't help when you're planning a wedding. I know everyone says that the important thing is that in the end you'll be married and that's all that matters, but I don't find that advice very helpful. I'm more like, "Yes, I'll be married but everyone will think our wedding is awful because of (some ultimately unimportant thing that no one will notice but me).

That being said, I am now officially going to be making a huge effort to just calm down and laugh at all the ridiculous things that are going to happen. I suspect those are the things that make the best stories.

Anyone have any tips for keeping it all in perspective? Married ladies - did anyone have a wedding disaster that after the fact was hilarious?

No comments:

Post a Comment