Monday, July 26, 2010

Face Paint for Grown Ups

I'm currently in the middle of trying to figure out what to do about my makeup and I have to say I'm a bit stumped. I've had my makeup done once, and while the makeup artist did a good job, I wasn't the biggest fan of how I looked. I just didn't really feel like me.

Proof that not all makeup artists are worth the money (if you haven't read Mrs. Cupcake's post on her disastrous makeup trial do it now):


Source

I recognize that there are fantastic makeup artists out there who certainly would do my makeup really really well, but I'm not sure that makeup is something I want to spend $100 on (and that doesn't even include the apparently necessary makeup trial). Does anyone else think it's ridiculous that if someone is going to charge you around $100 to do your makeup they should be able to get it right on the first go?

This has made me think that perhaps I should consider the DIY option. I'd be okay with splurging a bit on good quality products, because I can justify the cost since the products will last me long after the wedding. My concern with this is that I'm no makeup genius. I can make myself look decent with the small amount of makeup I wear, but I certainly have no clue on how to most effectively make my skin look good in pictures.

Basically it comes down to I don't really want to spend money on a one time makeup application, but I also don't want to regret my decision to do it myself. I need advice. Ladies who did your makeup yourself: were you happy with your choice? Any regrets? Any tips on how I can most effectively do my makeup myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment