Thursday, July 29, 2010

Flower Power

I was a bit apprehensive about my next bridal party dress finding adventure because of the fact that my first one wasn't very successful. Nevertheless I set off with my younger sister and FG extraordinaire with high hopes. In case you've forgotten why I have grown up FGs you can catch up here.

Unfortunately, here's what was waiting for us at the first store:



Oh no! Apparently I'm cursed to show up at closed stores for all my dress shopping outings. Luckily, they really were just closed for 10 minutes and we had a lovely time playing dress up in my favourite store. Unfortunately, no luck finding a FG dress here.

Luckily, we found the perfect dress at the next store we visited, HUH. Here it is:



I love it because it fits in the the colour scheme I want (some combination of burgundy, pale pink, and gray), but it is really a dress that fits the personality and style of my sister. That it's from an independantly owned local Toronto store makes it even more perfect.

Obviously she had to test it out for boogeying potential.



Now that one of my FGs had a dress, it was time to focus on my other baby sister. Instead of having her buy a dress it was determined she would borrow one. Obviously we had to make this into a big event that we titled "Flower Girl Dress Up Day".

It began with orange lemonade and strawberries. As you can probably tell from this picture, it's basically impossible to get anything other than a ridiculous picture of these two. As soon as I whipped out the camera they began talking in British accents and waving strawberries around in the air.



Then we began trying on dresses. Here's dress #1:



This didn't fit well at all and was definitely too short. On to dress # 2:



I loved this one, but it wasn't either of my FGs favourites so we moved on to dress #3:



I thought this one was lovely and it was both of my FGs favourite so that's the one we're going with. It photographs lighter than it is but even so, it's not exactly the shade of burgundy I had in mind. However, I'm not the sort of person too get too caught up in colour schemes. For me it's more important that she's wearing a dress she likes.

Next we had to make sure they looked good together and of course, test out the joint boogeying potential.





Next we tried out a few accessories I had lying around the house. Here are a few giant flowers I picked up at Fabricland last Christmas.



This is a Flower Girl cone I won from The Wedding Co.



Here they are in action, along with a Christmas basket I had lying around:







I think we still have some work to do in terms of making them properly accessorized FGs, but it's nice to have their dresses all set. It was also just a really fun way to spend an evening with two of my favourite people.

How have your wedding planning sessions turned into fun bonding moments?

No comments:

Post a Comment