Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Imperial Russia Meets Cozy Christmas Vintage

When we left off I was swooning over the look and design of Imperial Russia, but I wasn't sure if that could be worked into the wedding in any way. This past Sunday at the St. Lawrence Market Antique Market I found the perfect item to incorporate my love of Imperial Russia into our wedding.

Here it is:



What is it, you ask? It's my version of a ring bearer dish! I am in love with the Paloma's Nest Ring Bearer dishes and I'd been looking my last few visits to the antique market for something I could use as a substitute ring bearer dish. My original plan was to find a small Wedgewood Jasperware plate or small dish like this one.


Source

I see these all the time at the antique market and thought one of these would work really well, especially since our reception will be held in a room painted to look like Wedgwood Jasperware.

However, once I saw this dish I knew I had to go with it. It's so original and gorgeous and I think it's the perfect way to incorporate my love of Imperial Russia in a subtle way!

What are you using to carry your rings during the ceremony?

No comments:

Post a Comment