Friday, July 9, 2010

To Kerchief

As you may or may not know from this post, I'd had been trying to decide whether or not to go ahead with the Ukrainian tradition of having the bride's veil removed at the end of the night and being replaced with a kerchief, thus indicating that she is no longer a bride, but a wife. A lot of you gave me some really good advice about how to approach this tradition in a way I'm comfortable with and I have now decided to go ahead with this tradition. Now I want to show you the scarf I'll be using.

Here it is:



I bought it earlier this year in a vintage store in Florence. I have quite the thing for keys so I absolutely love it. I especially love that it is blue because that means it can be my something blue!

Here's a look at how it will be tied.







I think it's got a bit of a pirate vibe going on, which is obviously amazing.

What's your something blue?

No comments:

Post a Comment