Monday, July 5, 2010

Head Table?

Okay, so this is admittedly random, but it's what I've been thinking about a lot lately, so all of you get to hear about it! I can not figure out who Mr. Knitting and I should sit with for dinner at the wedding. I realize at six months out this is maybe a bit early to be thinking about it, but here I am.

It basically comes down to I have issues with every possible configuration. Here they are:

1) Sitting with the wedding party. I suspect this would be the most fun for Mr. K and I, but I'm not really in love with splitting up couples. I realize it's just for the duration of dinner and that certainly none of our wedding party would be upset about this, but I just think they might all have more fun if they could sit with their dates.

2) Sitting with our wedding party and their dates. That would basically be the longest head table ever, and probably not much fun for anyone.

3) Sitting with our families. Despite us being together for six years, our families, while friendly with each other, barely know each other. I think everyone would have a lot more fun with their own people.

Sitting with the families worked well for my sister's wedding:


Source


Source

4) Sitting with our Best Man, Maid of Honour, and their dates. I like this option because it keeps our table size small, our friends still get to be with their dates, and we can still be with some of our favourite people. Unfortunately, Mr. K doesn't have a best man, so that doesn't really work.

5) Sweetheart table. I used to not like this option at all because it seemed a bit lonely. However, after seeing Mrs. Perfume's sweetheart table I've re-evaluated to some extent, but it's still not an option I'm in love with.

The lovely Perfumes:


Source

Those are basically all the configurations I've come up with and I'm not super happy with any of them. I suspect in the long run this isn't something that's really going to matter at all and I'll be laughing at myself in the future for how much time I've spent thinking about it. However, for now it's something I think about a lot.

Who are you sitting with at your wedding dinner?

1 comment:

  1. We're less than 6 weeks out and still haven't decided this. We thought we could answer it based on what our final numbers were (i.e. if it were 2 more than a multiple of 8 we'd do sweetheart, if not we'd sit with 6 others) but even so we're at a weird number right now. Half of our bridal party is coming as singles and the other half as couples. And some of our bridal party really doesn't want to sit at a head table (they'd prefer not to be front and center). What we're considering right now is:

    1. Us alone
    2. Us with our brothers (best man & groomsmen) and Jon's brother's girlfriend (6 people total)
    3. #2 plus our maid of honor (8 people total)
    4. Us with some random friends (would that be weird?)

    I've also seen the bride & groom with their parents alone, but since my parents are divorced that would just lead to awkwardness. Let me tell you - the table game is really no fun!

    ReplyDelete