Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It's Not Going to be the Best Day of My Life

I've heard a lot of people say their wedding day was the best day of their life or that they expect it to be the best day of their life and I just can't relate. I do not expect my wedding to be the best day of my life and, frankly, future me is going to be pretty disapointed if it is.

I love this guy, but marrying him better not be the highpoint of our lives:



Don't get me wrong, I am so excited for our wedding and I know it will be a very special day. It might even be the best party I ever attend, simply because I'm going to be surrounded by all my favourite people (and a couple strangers!). However, despite how excited I am and how much effort I'm putting into the wedding I really don't want it to be the best day of my life.

I sincerely hope that one day Mr. Knitting and I will have professional successes that make me even happier and more proud of myself and my husband than our wedding day. I firmly believe that we will have happier moments with our future children and I suspect that becoming parents may in fact be one of the best days of our lives. Who knows, it might even be a completely random day that ends up being the best day of my life.

Basically it comes down to the fact that while I expect my marriage to be an integral and very precious part of my life, I do not expect or want my wedding day to be the best day of my life. It will be a day, it will be amazing, it won't be the best.

Where do you stand on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment