Friday, September 24, 2010

Our Own Silhouettes

Look at what I got Mr. Knitting to make me:





Yay for silhouettes of us! I'm so excited. As you might remember from this post I am a huge fan of silhouettes. I've been toying with the idea of using them in our wedding almost since the beginning, but I still haven't completely worked out how I'd like to do that. My current #1 idea is to use them to make a guest book alternative. On a recent flight I treated myself to Martha Stewart Weddings (love!) and came across this idea:


Source

The picture is pretty small, but if you follow the link you can see the PDF really clearly. Basically it's a poster with your names and wedding date that all the wedding guests sign on nice neat lines (appeals to the control freak in me!). You can then frame it with an Ikea frame and display it on your wall.

I really like this idea, but the Martha design doesn't really appeal to me. I'm thinking instead of designing something similar using our silhouettes. And when I say designing I really mean making some vague mock up on the computer and then badgering Mr. K to fix it for me because I don't understand computers!

The thing is I'm not sure if I want to do this because I would genuinely like something like a guestbook, or if it's more because I'm having fun with paper projects (more about these once I'm actually done them) and "designing" things and want to make use of these silhouettes. Maybe it doesn't matter...

What's your favourite version of the guestbook?

No comments:

Post a Comment