Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bakerella to the Rescue

I love vintage cake toppers. I think they're so charming and sweet. Here's a few examples of what I mean:


Source


Source


Source

However, no matter how many times I browsed through the St. Lawrence Antique Market and the vintage stores in Kensington Market, I couldn't find something appropriate. I only found things that looked like this:


Source

Not exactly what I had in mind. Now that we're less than 3 months out I was starting to get a bit concerned. Luckily I have WeddingBee to help me. I was looking through WeddingBee reader and board girl extraordinaire Bakerella's wedding pics and while I thought all her details were gorgeous, I was particularly jealous of her cake topper. Five seconds after I mentioned liking it, she offered it to me, and of course I said yes!

Here's the gorgeous couple (I love the bolero):


Photo Credit: Justin Demers of Stillmotion Photo and Cinema

and here's the adorable cake topper:


Guest Photo


Guest Photo

I'm so happy about using this cake topper because (obviously) I really like it and because I love the fact that it was used in another WeddingBee reader's wedding. This community is so fantastic and while so much of my wedding is going to have been influenced and shaped by WeddingBee, it's nice to have a tangible reminder of how much WeddingBee has been a part of my wedding experience.

What's the story behind your cake topper?

No comments:

Post a Comment