Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Making it Ours: The Music

I was inspired by Miss Cardigan's posts last week about how she and Mr. Cardy were personalizing their ceremony and I wanted to share some of the ways we'll be doing this.

One of the ways we'll be personalizing our ceremony is by choosing music that is uniquely us. Keeping with our goal of making our wedding as family centered as possible we asked one of my lovely aunts to play the piano for the ceremony. Here's what she'll be playing.

Prelude:

After guests get themselves some apple cider or hot chocolate they'll make their way upstairs to the lovely candlelit room where the ceremony will be held. My aunt will be playing a selection of Christmas carols at this point. I've given her free rein on those, so we'll see what she comes up with.

Processional:

I wrote about this here, but my lovely ladies and myself will be entering to Here, There, and Everywhere by the Beatles.



Interlude:

I'm not actually sure if our ceremony will include a place for this as the ceremony hasn't actually been written yet, but if there is my aunt will be playing "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini" by Rachmaninoff. I love this piece of music and used to listen to it over and over again when I was living away from home in high school and would get really homesick. I realize that being homesick doesn't have anything to do with our wedding, but basically it's a piece of music that I've loved for a long time, so that makes it special enough to be a part of our wedding.



Recessional:

I actually love Mendelssohn's Wedding March and would have been happy to have this very traditional piece of music at our not-so-traditional wedding.



However, Mr. K and I are both huge Glee fans and after we saw them perform Kelly Clarkson's "My Life Would Suck Without You" we knew that's what we had to go for. Our lives would suck without each other (in a totally not pathetic and co-dependent way!).



And yes, there's probably going to be a lot of Glee songs at our reception! We may or may not have had a conversation the other day about how many Glee songs is too many...

What are your music choices for your ceremony? Any other big Glee fans out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment