Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Name is Miss Knitting and I'm a Crazy Person

My family and I traveled to Edmonton last weekend for my cousin's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding and we all had so much fun. If my wedding is half as full of love and fun as theirs, I'll be thrilled.

My sisters and I in action:





BUT, I kind of realized what a complete crazy person I am. I got so stressed on the day of the wedding because members of my family were slightly late. Not even late enough for us to actually arrive anywhere late, but slightly later than we had agreed on and it completely stressed me out and turned me into an unpleasant person. NOT COOL.

Now I'm terrified I'm going to behave like this at our wedding and I really don't want to. It's not a fun feeling for me and I'm pretty positive it makes me a huge pain to be around. If I allow insignificant things to bother me to such an extreme there is no way I'm going to enjoy the day.

I am now trying to think of good strategies to avoid becoming a complete crazy pants on our wedding day. I think my favourite so far is reminding myself that everyone will be so mad and annoyed with me if I act all mean and stressed out. I really don't want that to happen because that will mean a lot of my favourite people will not enjoy our wedding because they'll be stuck trying to deal with the Knitting Monster!

Are you worried about your stress levels at your wedding? How do you plan to deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment