Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dressing the Gents

Dressing Mr. Knitting and the men of the wedding party was ridiculously easy. Mr. Knitting isn't in love with the look of a tux, so he'll be wearing his suit with my grandfather's tie.

Here's a look at the suit (I still have no clue what the tie looks like):



As for Mr. K's two groomsmen, Mr K refused to contact them to let them know what he'd (I'd) like them to wear because he thought that sounded crazy and bossy. Yeah, he doesn't know a lot about weddings. Anyway, I was concerned that if we didn't tell them what to wear there was the possibility that they might show up looking like this:


Source


Source

In order to avoid this possibility here's the (ever so anal and bossy) email I ended up sending to his friends:

Hi guys,
Mr. Knitting refuses to communicate with you about what to wear at our wedding so I'm doing it for him. We (really just me) would like you to wear a black suit with a white shirt, and a burgundy or grey tie. Let me know if you have any issues with this.

Thanks!
Miss Knitting

They both responded saying this was fine, although one of them asked to be reminded of when the wedding is and if there was going to be an invitation. Yeah, Mr. Knitting doesn't really keep them in the loop all that much...

Anyway, that's the extent of our effort in terms of dressing the gents. Stress and hassle free (although now that I've written that Mr. K's suit is probably going to split in half 5 minutes before the ceremony!).

What was your experience like dressing your gents?

No comments:

Post a Comment