Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Honeymoon = Booked!

As I wrote about here, we've had to rethink our honeymoon plans. Originally we had planned to go on a big Hawaii trip, but then realized we don't really have the finances for that. So now we've rethought our plans and have booked an excellent alternative that we're both really happy with.

We're going to spend 4 nights at Hovey Manor which is an inn located in the Eastern Townships in Quebec. My boss has been going there for years and the other day I clued into the fact that it might be a perfect honeymoon destination for us.

I couldn't find too many pictures so you'll have to make do with these two. I promise to remedy the lack of pictures after our honeymoon!


Source


Source

Here's why it's perfect:

1) It's close enough that we can drive, but not so close that we feel like we haven't gone anywhere.
2) It's a five star inn, so it's very luxurious. We didn't have a ton of money to work with, but we still wanted to feel like we were spoiling ourselves.
3) They include gourmet breakfasts and dinners.
4) It's really cosy, which is exactly what I want over Christmas.
5) It allows us a good mix of activity and relaxation. We'll have access to skiing, skating, snowshoeing, dog sledding...etc, but it's also a great place to lie around, read, or have a massage.
6) Each room is complete unique, so it's not a cookie cutter kind of place.

Like Miss Seahorse I refuse to refer to our honeymoon as a minimoon. After reading this post, I've decided I'm not a fan of the term and there's no reason for me to refer to it as a minimoon. It's our honeymoon and we couldn't be more excited!

What's your ideal honeymoon destination?

No comments:

Post a Comment