Sunday, August 8, 2010

That's Not a Ring

As you may recall, Mr. Knitting and I struggled about what to do in terms of a wedding ring for him since he has huge knuckles and doesn't like rings. As I learned from Weddingbee readers, the huge knuckle problem could have been easily overcome with a hinged ring. However, while Mr. K would have agreed to wear a wedding ring if I insisted, I wasn't really comfortable with the idea that this symbol of our marriage would be something he didn't really like and would be wearing only to please me. I also knew that I wouldn't feel like he would be any less committed to our marriage if he's not wearing a ring.

With all that in mind, we eventually decided on a wedding watch. Mr. K has never really owned a really nice watch and is always eyeing watches while we're shopping, so it seemed like the perfect time to head over to Birks and buy him one.

Here it is:



He loves it, but is a little annoyed with me because I won't let him wear it until the wedding. Even though it's not actually a wedding ring, it's our version of one and I still want to treat it like one. Therefore, he's not allowed to wear it until I put it on him during our ceremony.

Side Note: I'm actually terrible at figuring out how anything works (my brain just doesn't work like that) so I'm going to have to practice putting the watch on him a lot so that this isn't a hilarious and awkward 10 minutes of our ceremony.

All in all, we're both really happy with the wedding watch. We suspect some relatives won't understand, but we don't really care. It's our wedding, our marriage, and our wedding jewellery!

Have you gone with a wedding ring alternative?

No comments:

Post a Comment