Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm a Little Bit Nervous...

Originally when we started thinking about our wedding I imagined we would have a DJ. We weren't really interested in a band (especially since we can't afford one!) and I was convinced using an iPod or a laptop was a recipe for disaster. However, Mr. Knitting has always wanted to use a laptop because he likes the idea of us having complete control over the music and he also finds DJs irritating.

What Mr. Knitting thinks all DJs are like (p.s. if you haven't seen the video of this guy yet click on the source link to watch. It's pretty hilarious):


Source

After a few months of him badgering me (read: mentioning it once or twice) about using a laptop, I have finally given in. Here's (pretty much) how that conversation went:

Him: Seriously, a laptop will save us money and there won't be an annoying stranger in the middle of our wedding.

Me: No one other than you thinks DJs are annoying. If we use a laptop we'll have nonstop technical problems, there will be no music or it will be too quiet, and everyone will hate our wedding.

Him (out loud): I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

Him (in his head): Why am I marrying such a crazy person?

Me: If that does happen can I blame you completely? Will I also not have to have anything to do with renting equipment or setting it up?

Him: Yeah, I guess...

I'm still pretty convinced we'll have technical problems, but since this was one of the only things he's asked for I figured I should give in. I think the big problem for me is that I'm so unskilled at anything remotely technology related so if anything did go wrong I'd have no idea how to fix it which is a problem for my control freak personality.

That being said, my sister used a laptop at her wedding and it worked perfectly and I've also been to another wedding where the DJ was so bad almost no one was dancing. Having a DJ doesn't guarantee we won't have any problems, just like using a laptop doesn't guarantee that we will have problems. I think this is just one of those things I'm going to have to flow with.

What wedding decisions have you made that you're a bit nervous about?

No comments:

Post a Comment