Saturday, August 21, 2010

Yum...That Is All: Part 1

It's not a very nice day in Toronto today. It's kind of cold and rainy and just all round not so nice. It's making me feel a bit blah, so I've decided that it is the perfect time to talk about comfort food. While I love comfort food all the time, there's something about a gross rainy day that makes looking at pictures of yummy food feel especially appropriate.

Random picture of a recipe I want to try soon:


Source and Recipe

I love the idea of having some type of comfort food appearing at our wedding as a late night snack and over the next few days I'll be sharing a few of my favourite ideas. I'm not sure if any of these ideas will be making an appearance at our wedding, as I'm still in the brainstorming stage. I actually suspect they might not because I think they're all as potentially messy as a DIY cupcake bar and I'm not allowed that. No I'm not bitter about that at all...Anyway, on to some amazing food! Today I want to talk about french fry bars.

Despite my generally healthy diet, I love fried food. I don't eat it very often but I pretty much think everything fried tastes amazing. Knowing this you can imagine how excited I was when I heard my friend's sister was having a french fry bar as a late night snack at her wedding. I had no idea people did this. I'm quite sad I've never been to a wedding with a french fry bar.

Amazing:


Source


Source


Source

I'd also never say no to some sweet potato fries:


Source

I love this idea. One of my favourite summer treats is having french fries from a truck. Ideally I get them from a truck on the beach, but I often settle for The Blue Chip Truck in Toronto.


Source

Suffice it to say, I'm not one to turn down french fries. French fries plus amazing toppings? Even better.

Here's a few toppings I'd consider serving.

Aioli:


Source

Cheese curds and gravy (I am Canadian after all!):


Source

Pesto Mayo:


Source

The classic:


Source

What kind of toppings would you include in a french fry bar?

2 comments:

  1. We had french fries as hors d'oeuvres at our wedding and it wasn't messy at all. They served them in little cones with spicy mayo and a little wooden stick. They were a big hit - highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I just stumbled across your blog, and I am wondering how your fry bar turned out?
    Please let me know. 1asiawood@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete