Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Yum...That Is All: Part 2

This is part two of my comfort food series and today I'd like to talk about hot chocolate. As you might recall one of our main goals for the wedding is to make it as cozy as possible and what could be more cozy than offering our guests hot chocolate?

Look how yummy:


Source


Source

My favourite way of incorporating hot chocolate into our wedding is by having a hot chocolate bar. Basically we would have mugs of hot chocolate available along with a variety of toppings and garnishes, so our guests would be able to craft their ideal drinks. Here's a few toppings I think would be amazing:

Marshmallows


Source

Whipped Cream


Source

Candy Canes


Source

Cinnamon Sticks


Source

Chocolate Shavings


Source

Baileys and/or Peppermint Schnapps:


Source

I am now pretty in love with the idea of a hot chocolate bar and think that this would be so much fun. I'd love to serve this to our guests as a late night snack along with some gingerbread loaf. However, I suspect my venue would be worried about this potentially being too messy. I'm thinking as a compromise it might work to serve this before the ceremony when no one will be the slightest bit drunk and therefore there will be less risk of my guests flinging whipped cream at each other. I have been planning to serve apple cider at this point, but I think I might look into the possibility of serving the hot chocolate bar.

On a side note I'm finding it a bit frustrating that I can't just go ahead and plan whatever I want because my venue is worried about things getting too messy. I'm pretty jealous of brides with backyard ceremonies at the moment!

Another fun way to incorporate hot chocolate into a winter wedding is by giving out hot chocolate mix as a favour. If I hadn't decided on jam as a favour, this is definitely what I would have gone with. Look how adorable it can be:


Source


Source


Source


Source

And now, despite the fact that it's the middle of August, I could really go for a mug of hot chocolate.

What toppings would you include in a hot chocolate bar?

No comments:

Post a Comment