Friday, August 27, 2010

I Want!

I really love paper and all things paper related. I think gorgeous stationary is so much fun and I love going to stores like The Paper Place or Paper Things in Toronto and browsing through all their fantastic papers, cards...etc. I love picking out new thank you notes and I may or may not have random blank inviations stored away in my closet that I bought because they're pretty and I might have some use for them in the future.

However, one of my favourite things to look at in paper stores are wax seals. Don't know what I'm talking about? Here's a few examples:


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source

Guess why I included this one?


Source

I think these would be so much fun to include on our invitations. I especially love the ones that look a bit messy. Those are the ones where you melt the wax yourself and then use a stamping tool to imprint the design. The perfect ones are pretty too and are definitely a lot easier as they are of the peel and stick variety, but the imperfect ones give off a very vintage homemade vibe which is perfect for our cozy Christmas vintage wedding.

Look, they even make Christmas specific ones:


Source


Source


Source

I'm still not sure if I'll end up using these on our invites. I love them a lot but I'm not sure how me + hot wax + envelopes will work out. I see this as a recipe for potential disaster for me. I think more research is in order for me. If any of you are a bit more brave/talented than me and feel up to DIYing wax seals there's a great tutorial here.

Have you used wax seals on your envelopes? How did they work out?

No comments:

Post a Comment