Monday, August 16, 2010

My First Etsy Purchase

Until very recently I was pretty scared of buying anything off the Internet. I basically thought if I bought anything off the Internet my identity would be immediately stolen, I'd have to pay exorbitant shipping fees, and whatever I bought would arrive in terrible condition. Anyway, after reading about everyone else in the universe having really positive experiences with Etsy, I figured I needed to see what I was missing.

I have now made my first Etsy purchase and I could not be more thrilled with it.



However, before I actually show you what it is Mr. Knitting needs to stop reading. This one is not for you. Go away please.

Okay, now that that's taken care of I can tell you all about it. As you may recall, at our wedding I'll be wearing a locket Mr. K gave me many years ago. Here's a refresher picture:



What you don't know is that my dress has a pretty low back (no I haven't show it to you yet) and that I am a huge fan of back jewellery. I've loved back jewelry ever since I saw those Nicole Kidman Chanel No.5 ads a number of years ago, but I've never actually owned any.

My inspiration:


Source

That's where Etsy came in. Here's what I ordered from Cathy5591


Source

It's called a Graduated Rhinestone Ball Backdrop Add-On (try saying that 10 times fast!) and it's basically a strand of a necklace that I can attach to the clasp of my locket. I tried it on with my dress and my locket and it's kind of perfect. I love it a ridiculous amount and now want to buy a huge amount of backless dresses so I can wear back jewellery all the time.

Oh, and in case I'm not the only one who's still a bit scared on Internet shopping, I can report that so far my identity has not been stolen, shipping charges were reasonable, and my back necklace arrived in perfect condition!

How has Etsy been a part of your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment