Monday, November 22, 2010

Decadent, Delicious, Delectable, and Vegan

No don't go! I promise this post is filled with incredibly scrumptious looking pictures, even if they do lack animal products.

As you might remember, instead of a wedding cake we're having a dessert table with desserts baked by some of our friends and family. This is one project I have delegated to my baby sis so I haven't spent much time thinking or worrying about this. We bought some decorations for the table last night and I'm so excited to see what she comes up with. I have also contributed to her cupcake making by purchasing these adorable cupcake wrappers:



Cute right?

However, the one thing I do have to figure out is what I'm going to make. I know I absolutely don't have to bake anything, but I really want to. I love baking and am really excited about the idea. Our table is going to be approximately half vegan and half non-vegan and it's really important to me that the vegan options be completely delicious, both because it's fun to fight stereotypes and because I want the vegans at the wedding (i.e. my immediate family and aunt and uncle) to have great options. The cupcakes and cake my baby sis will be making are going to be vegan and my aunt is going to be making something else vegan (I'm not sure what yet). I'd like to round these out with a yummy vegan recipe or two.

Here are the final contenders (all recipes come from one of my all time favourite blogs Oh She Glows).

Pumpkin Pecan Brownie Pie:


Source


Source

Pumpkin Gingerbread with Spiced Buttercream:


Source


Source

Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies:


Source


Source

And now I'm drooling...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to make the whoopie pies because they're so different. No one else will be making anything quite like them. I've also never seen them served at a wedding so I think that might be fun. I'm also leaning towards the gingerbread because nothing says Christmas like gingerbread. That being said, that pumpkin pecan brownie pie is also incredible so I'm torn. Very very torn. Oh and if you're looking for a great Thanksgiving dish this year you must look at this post. Amazing.

What do you think I should pick? As a non-vegan would you try any of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment