Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Secrets From Our Bedroom

Ew, no not that kind! My poor dad just had a heart attack.

Moving in with Mr. Knitting 2.5 years ago was kind of the best thing ever. We had so much fun finding an apartment and setting it up together (with lots of help). Our lives had been intertwined for years before we moved in together so finally having all our stuff in the same place was amazing.

However, we did have a big problem.

I hated having to share a bed. I really didn't like it. I had so much trouble falling asleep and then staying asleep. I also began to do weird things in my sleep like flip myself around in bed and wake up with my head at the foot of the bed with no recollection of doing this.

While I completely loved living with him, it felt like the biggest treat ever when he was away for a night because it meant I got our comfy bed all to myself.

Comfy bed I didn't want to share:



Now, I'm much better. It took me two years, but now I'm finally comfortable sharing a bed. I can fall asleep and stay asleep and this feels like a huge accomplishment. Even better, I actually like sharing a bed now and find it difficult to believe that I once had so many problems with this. That being said, whenever we stay in a hotel room with two beds you can bet we each take our own bed. We still like our space.

Just before checking out of a hotel. You'll notice we definitely used both beds:



Where do you fall on the bed sharing issue? Instantly easy, or did it take some time?

No comments:

Post a Comment