Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Jewellery Overload

I really love jewellery and own quite a few pieces I love quite a bit. This normally isn't a problem. It's normally a very good thing. The problem is that I feel like I need to wear my absolute favourite pieces on my wedding day and I'm having trouble determining what these are. It's really hard to narrow it down.

The 3 pieces that I will definitely be wearing are my ring, my wedding charm bracelet, and my back necklace. Everything else is up for discussion.

I wrote about my locket here and I'm 99% sure I'm still going to wear it. I love this locket and it absolutely can not be beat in terms of sentiment, but I am also ridiculously in love with this necklace:



I love cameos and am slowly collecting a number of them. This necklace is definitely my favourite of all the ones I own, although I do have a soft spot for the cameo ring I bought in Rome from some adorable old ladies having a fundraiser for their church.

Funny story about this necklace: I almost didn't buy it. I walked into this vintage store on Queen West in Toronto not planning to buy anything and was greated by this man sitting on a throne. That's right, a throne. He was very jovial and friendly, but was the pushiest salesperson I've ever met and basically bullied me into buying the necklace. Luckily, I absolutely love it and wear it often, so I'm very glad he was so pushy, as otherwise I definitely would have left the store empty handed.

My next problem has to do with bracelets. On one hand I'll be wearing my wedding charm bracelet and I'm torn as to what to wear on the other. I definitely don't need to wear anything else, but since I'm currently trying to think up a way to wear 3 bracelets on one hand, I think it might be a bit unrealistic to say I won't even wear one.

Here are the contenders:

This is the one I'm most leaning towards at the moment:



It was made by my mom's friend Amanda of Beadiful Designs, and I absolutely love it. I love wearing pearls, but I like to wear them in a slightly less traditional way. I also happen to love floaty bracelets and necklaces so you can see why I like this piece so much.

I'm normally not much of a cuff person because I think I'm more suited to delicate pieces, but I love this cuff and think it has a great Art Deco feel:





Here's the final bracelet contender:



It looks very yellow in this picture (I don't understand how as I'm such an amazing photographer!), but it's a lot more silvery/white in person. This piece is from the 1920s and I love it quite a bit. Too many decisions...

Finally we come to brooches. I originally had no plans to wear a brooch as clearly I already have way too many other things going on. Then I began reading Mrs. Avocado's recaps and loved the way she wore her grandmother's brooch.

In case you need a reminder:


Source

I love this look so much.

This reminded me of how much I love brooches and now I'm also trying to figure out if I can include a brooch in my wedding day outfit. Probably not, but here are two of my favourites:





A great solution for my brooch problem would be to put one on my bouquet, but it's looking like I'm probably going to be going with a non-floral alternative (more on that later) so that doesn't help.

So as you can see I have quite a problem and definitely need to make some cuts. The funny thing is I'm still on the hunt for a something borrowed and I'm pretty sure a piece of jewellery would be a great something borrowed...

Did you have a jewellery overload?

No comments:

Post a Comment