Thursday, October 7, 2010

DIY Success and a Pretty Great Resource

Menus were something I had never planned to do. I've never found them essential at other weddings and I figured they weren't something we really needed. Our guests could find out what they'd be eating when it was placed in front of them (or if they read WeddingBee!). But then I realized that I love creating paper projects for the wedding and that making a menu would mean more fun for me.

Here's what I came up with:



I love these. A lot. I am ridiculously proud of them. I realize that these are not a pinnacle of DIY fabulousness, but as a notoriously not crafty person I can't believe I created something that I'm so happy with.

These were really easy to do. I found the Santa and fork and knife graphics from The Graphics Fairy. I can not say enough good things about this website. I have found so many fantastic images that will be making their way into my wedding and a few that will probably be making it onto my walls as instant (and very affordable!) art.

Here's a few images I've downloaded from The Graphics Fairy that may or may not end up in our wedding:


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source

I got a little distracted there...So many great images! Okay, back to the menus. For the font, I got to indulge my newfound love of Dafont and used their Mom's Typewriter font. Then I printed the menus onto cream paper, cut them out, and glued them to burgundy cardstock. Easy!

How have you been pleasantly surprised by your DIY skills? What's your favourite image resource?

No comments:

Post a Comment