Friday, October 8, 2010

Our Silhouettes in Action

As you may remember from this post, I was going to attempt to recreate a guestposter I had found on Martha, so that it would be more in keeping with our taste and could incorporate the lovely silhouettes Mr. Knitting made for me.

Here's what I came up with:



I "designed" this using a few of my favourite web resources. The font is my new favourite typewriter font from Dafont. The sprig of holly is from The Graphics Fairy, and the flourish is from Project Wedding. Finding websites with images like these has been essential to my DIY process.

I'm pretty happy with it but it's not 100% finished. When putting this together I copied Martha's wording for simplicity, but the line "Our cherished friends and family" doesn't really suit us. We don't really say things like that (read: it's too sappy) and I've been trying to come up with alternatives. I liked the idea of writing "Our Favourite People", but since some of my favourite people are not going to be able to attend our wedding that doesn't work. If you have any suggestions for wording (or feedback in general for the poster) it would be much appreciated.

Has anyone else tried a guestposter?

No comments:

Post a Comment