Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What a Turd

That's right. This guy is a major turd. Here's the story. So a couple of months ago my wonderful photographer/BIL Josh asked me to send him all the info I could about anything to do with photography. About two weeks later I sent him a general email about the photography and got back this response,

"You sound like a total bridezilla. Please don't email me again."

I knew he had to be kidding, because there's no way he would ever seriously call me a Bridezilla to my face. I also knew that my email was pretty reasonable and went on about how we really trust his eye and are open to his suggestions. Still, I was a bit annoyed at this response and didn't really think that was a funny response.

About 2 weeks later I sent him another email with a lot more detail about the photography and got back the response,

"Not interested. Thanks."

This time I went and asked my sister/his wife to confirm that this was his idea of a joke and she confirmed that it was, and that it's best I get used to his sense of humor now. I was glad to hear he was kidding, but I didn't find these emails really funny. I found them a bit rude actually.

However, later that day, I get an email from Josh asking if I'd had to time to think about the photography at all. That's right, I had been sending the emails to the wrong address and the turd of a person I'd been sending them to hadn't thought to mention that I'd been contacting the wrong person. What a jerk!

Not a turd:



Anyway, it's all fixed now and Josh responds to all my emails with appropriate and kind responses, but here's even more evidence of what a turd this other guy is. Josh is very (very!) close to completing his PhD and a few months ago his university was sending him emails about his thesis. In response they were receiving these very rude emails saying he wasn't interested and that they needed to stop contacting him. They eventually had to contact Josh's supervisor to ask why he was responding so rudely to all their inquiries. That's right, they also had the wrong email address and the turd didn't bother to mention that they had the wrong person.

I really want to start sending this guy lengthy daily emails about all the photography ideas I have. Really, really annoying emails.

Have you come across any turds in your wedding planning process?

No comments:

Post a Comment