Thursday, October 28, 2010

Frolicking in the Snow: Keeping Warm(ish)


Source

Okay, it will probably rain, but still...

I'm really happy with the place that we ended up booking for our outdoor photography. We've booked Spadina Museum, which is is this gorgeous old Toronto home that now functions as a museum depicting life in Toronto in the 1920s and 30s. While the home itself is fantastic, it's the grounds I'm most interested in at the moment.

Spadina Museum has the most gorgeous gardens. Here's a few images to give you an idea:





As it will be the middle of December when we're taking our photos it won't look quite like that in my photos, but it gives you an idea. I have no idea what measurements like acres mean, but suffice it to say we will have tons of space to do some frolickling (great word). The current plan is to take wedding party photos and some family photos here before the ceremony, although we suspect that Mr. Knitting's parents might prefer to do their's inside and not stand in the cold for an hour.

However, now that we've booked a spot I'm realizing that I'm going to potentially be outside for an hour in the middle of winter. I say potentially because frankly if there's a giant snow or rain storm, I will not be prancing around outside for very long.

That being said, I am hoping to be outside for an hour so I now need to figure out how to stay warm(ish). Or at least how to avoid pneumonia. I haven't thought about this too much yet but so far my plans include wearing hideous super thick stockings, and my Wellies.

Wellies in action:



Close Up (yes I love my Wellies a lot):



I also plan to have my winter coat there for me to wear in between photos. I don't have any nice winter wrap or cloak and I don't think that's something I want to spend money on, so I'm okay with looking kind of weird in my winter coat in between photos. I think I might keep an eye out for an affordable option when I'm browsing Kensington Market.

Something like this would be lovely:


Source

My other thought was to have some kind of drink available for warming purposes. I liked the idea of having some whiskey around to warm us up, but then I remembered how I'm a cheap drunk so I really shouldn't drink anything before the wedding unless I want to have a ridiculously pink face and be a bit giggly during the ceremony. There's also the fact that drinking alcohol outside is illegal here. Strangely, the thought of doing any wedding photos in jail just doesn't appeal.

So picturesque:


Source

I'd say we'll have some coffee or hot chocolate instead, but frankly this is something that I could easily see myself forgetting to do on the day of. I think we'll have to make do with warm clothes and comically hopping around in an attempt to stay warm.

How are you planning to keep warm during winter wedding photos?

No comments:

Post a Comment