Sunday, October 31, 2010

I Already Have One, But...

I'm at a point now when whenever I'm in a store or out shopping somewhere I'm always unconsciously on the lookout for things for the wedding. This is not always a good thing, because a few times I've come across something that would be perfect for the wedding and I then have to remind myself I already own something else that will perform the exact same function at the wedding. For example, we bought our card box almost a year ago during a Boxing Week sale at Pier 1 Imports.

Here it is:




I spent about 6 months second guessing my choice because of the fact that it's made of wire and not solid, but then realized that birdcages aren't solid either and they make fantastic card boxes, so who cares?

Anyway, yesterday I was shopping at Winners and found this gorgeous Christmas box that would be perfect for cards (no pictures, sorry!). I liked that box more than I like the one I already own and I spent about 15 minutes staring at it. It was $8.99 so it was affordable, and I told myself it wouldn't be the end of the world to have purchased two card boxes. They were both cheap, so I wouldn't really be wasting to much money.

Then, I came to my senses. No one, other than maybe me, is going to care about the card box. Most people probably won't notice what it looks like. Even if it is inexpensive, that's money I could spend another way (like on sushi dinners!). What am I going to do with 2 card boxes after the wedding? For that matter, what am I going to do with 1 card box after the wedding?

Situations like this have happened a few times. Sometimes I manage to avoid buying the new item and sometimes I don't. For example, I now have 2 ring bearer dishes.

First one that I wrote about here:



New one:



See my problem? Yes, these came to a grand total of $13 altogether, but there's no need to have 2 ring dishes. Clearly, I need to start avoiding stores until my wedding...

Are you having problems with buying too many things for your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment