Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Knitting Invites: The Impetus

When I began to think about our invites I had no firm ideas about what I wanted, but I did know that I wanted them to be in keeping with our cozy, vintage Chrismas theme. One of my earliest ideas was to stock up on Christmas cards on sale after Christmas 2009 and send each guest a handwritten and personalized Christmas card inviting them to our wedding. This didn't seem like the most practical approach, but it was very intimate, personal, and Christmasy.

Then, on one of my routine visits to the St. Lawrence Market Antique Market I came across these:






I knew instantly that these would work as our invites. I love vintage postcards and I especially love these because they're so Christmasy and definitely perfect for our theme.

Here's a few close ups:







I also find the backs of the postcards really interesting. I loved looking to see what people wrote (I'm very nosy), but I also like to see the different postcard designs.

Here's a few of my favourites:





Up next: how we turned these into our invites.

What was the impetus (or inspiration) for your invites?

No comments:

Post a Comment