Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake (Inspiration)

I am a baker. I’m not a professional baker by any means, but I love baking. A lot. This explains why I started thinking about my wedding cake about a second after I got engaged, and also why you all are going to be treated to a whole series of posts on my wedding cake. I spent lots of time pouring over books and looking on the Internet and here’s a selection of some of the cakes that initially caught my eye. You'll notice that for extra fun I've divided them into categories!

Plain Old Pretty:


Source


Source


Source


Source

I clearly have a thing for three tiered round cakes with pretty ribbons. Who knew?

Divine Details (the category is a bit pretentious sounding, but yay for alliteration!):

If you saw my St. Lawrence Market post you know I'm a big fan of cameos, so I love the fact that this cake included them.


Source

I love the fact that this design includes text. I'm a big words person myself (that's right I made an inspiration list, not an inspiration board) so I'm finding myself really drawn to wedding elements that include text.


Source

I am a huge fan of charms and charm bracelets. I've built a number of them and I'm actually creating a wedding charm bracelet (more about that soon). Thus, when I saw this cake featuring charms, I completely fell in love with that idea.


Source

Wedgewood Jasperware:

If you remember from this post, the dining room in my venue is called the Wedgewood Room as the walls are painted to look like Wedgwood Jasperware, which I happen to love. Keeping all that in mind you can see why I fell in love with the idea of also having a Jasperware cake.


Source

So those are some of the types of cakes I've been inspired by. Has anyone else found inspiration for your cake in an unusual place (i.e. jewelry or a dining room)?

No comments:

Post a Comment